Friday, December 16, 2011

Watt's Up, Benefit?

As I've been on a blush kick lately, I decided it was time to mix up my highlighter routine too.  I mentioned a couple of months ago how disappointed I've been with NARS Orgasm illuminator,  and even though I know they get great reviews I just can't get on board with the $$$ illuminating products from Chanel and Dior. 

I noticed Benefit's Watt's Up highlighter while I was browsing for a Benefit blush to try, but at $30 it seemed too pricey, especially for a first foray into a new-to-me brand.  Then came Ulta's 20% off holiday coupon.  I decided to give a tester a try, and was not disappointed.  The color blended beautifully (without the aid of the weird sponge thing on the opposite end of the illuminator stick) and provided a great champagne shimmer that didn't settle into the visible pores and fine lines of my hand while I shopped for the next hour. 

Sold!

(picture)

Isn't it pretty?  I've used it here with Sugarbomb...

(picture)

and here with Tarte Tipsy.  It compliments both shades very nicely, and has decent staying power.  I'd say I'm getting 6+ hours of wear from a very light application.

Overall I'm not sure Watt's Up is worth the $30 price tag Benefit has given it (and I'm glad I only paid $24 with my coupon) but it's a far sight better than NARS' illuminator at virtually the same price point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment