Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dior Vernis Nail Laquer in Apparat--AKA, Awesomesauce

From the minute I first saw swatches of Dior's limited edition Apparat nail polish I knew it had to be mine.  My nail polish collection has been growing exponentially lately, and Apparat is really the crowning jewel of my purchases from the last couple of months. 



Please ignore the couple of small chips here--this was taken after a day of holiday baking.

Apparat is a medium-dark, rich red with subtle golden shimmer that makes it glow on the nails.  It applies thick and smooth, and the applicator brush is amazing.  It's angled in a way that makes precise application incredibly easy, and is the best applicator I've ever used.  Chanel and OPI (both of which have applicators I love) have nothing on Dior.

Apparat is still easy to find online (I bought mine from Dillards.com) but may be scarce in stores.  I know the mall where I do my brick-and-mortar shopping was sold out of both Apparat and its sister lipstick shade (to be reviewed tomorrow) Nocturne.

No comments:

Post a Comment